EDU STEM USB Power Bank Kit
Don’t you hate it when the battery goes flat on your mobile phone! Both students and teachers know this frustration well. In this project students design, print and build their very own USB Powerbank, in the process putting their mathematical and dimensional measurement skills to use whilst learning about 3D drawings. Students can easily follow the project with an easy to understand step by step workbook. The teaching and activity booklets are detailed to help support the learning process for students, making the project easy to follow. This project also brings up the potential for discussions on electronics, voltage conversion, 3D Drawings and electrical energy storage!
The STEM USB Power Bank Kit is designed for students 8 and older. The kit comes with a Student workbook, teacher work book, STL template design files, battery pack and parts.
Each pack includes:
- USB power bank electronics kit(s)
- Student workbook(s)
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
- Teachers guidebook (for c lass packs of 6 and above)
Example STEM class lessons include:
- 2D drawings.
- Electrical energy storage (other applications where the technology is used).
- Voltage conversion (how step-up and step-down transformers work).
- Electricity (e.g. Voltage, current, resistance etc).
- Electronic components such as batteries and PCB’s.
- Manufacturing processes (e.g. How PCB’s are made).
* Kit excludes rechargeable batteries