The Polysher™ is a desktop post processing unit designed to remove layer lines from PolySmooth™ and PolyCast™ prints. The Polysher™ uses Polymaker’s Layer-Free™ technology to create a fine mist of isopropyl alcohol which evenly smooths the model.
Professional Surface Quality - The Polysher™ is a reliable and automatic solution which improves the surface quality of 3D printed parts, acheiving a professional smooth and glossy surface.
Intuitive & Easy To Use - The Polysher™ is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, simply turn the control dial to select your polishing time and sit back. The polishing process typically takes between 20 - 40 minutes for most models.
Safety First - The Polysher is air tight sealed so no spark can be generated inside the chamber. Polymakers Layer-Free™ technology uses cold liquid-phase polishing rather than heated vapour-phase smoothing, a safer form of post-processing. The Polysher's lift design also ensures IPA is contained inside the chamber when removing parts while the integrated smart electronics ensure maximum safety in work and education environments.
Detail Maintained - With Polymakers Layer-Free™ technology, the fine mist of isopropyl alcohol evenly coats the part while preserving details and dimensions.
Low Costs - The Polysher™ is an affordable solution which requires only a very small reservoir of Isopropyl Alcohol, recycling run-off IPA for efficient and low cost polishing.
To learn more about the Polysher™, click the "Technology, Safety and Operation" and "Specifications" tabs or click "Gallery" for more photos.
Polysher™ uses Polymaker's Layer-Free™ technology: Layer-Free™ technology involves exposing a 3D printed part to an aerosol of micro-sized alcohol droplets, generated by a rapidly vibrating, perforated membrane called the nebulizer. The aerosol will then be adsorbed by the surface of the 3D printed part and render it smooth and layer-free.
Polymakers technology is intrinsically safer than other smoothing techniques:
- No heating is involved
- The nebulizer technology requires only a very small reservoir
- Isopropyl Alcohol is safer than smoothing chemicals like Acetone or MEK
- It is a liquid-phase polishing rather than vapor-phase polishing process (the latter is more dangerous for a number of reasons)
Polymaker have also implemented a number of safety features into the machine:
- Multiple sensors to detect any sign of malfunction of the nebulizer (e.g. running dry)
- Chamber open/close sensor (the machine won’t start if the chamber is open, and will automatically terminate if the chamber is accidentally open during polishing)
- All electronic components (running at very low voltages) are properly sealed, and no spark can be generated inside the chamber.
- 3D print your part with PolySmooth™ or PolyCast™ (sold separately), just like what you normally do with PLA;
- Fill the reservoir with isopropyl alcohol. (NOTE - Do not fill the reservoir with other liquids or solvents other than isopropyl alcohol or ethanol as this will damage the Polysher™.)
- Place your printed part in the Polysher™;
- Set the polishing time by turning the knob; a typical part takes 20 - 40 minutes, depending on the size of your part.
- Once polishing is finished, the stage will automatically lift up for you to easily get the part.
Operating the Polysher™ is that easy!
Technology - Nebulized Aerosol Polishing
Compatible Material - PolySmooth™
Polishing Liquid - Isopropanol or ethanol, 70% or above [90% or higher recommended]
Polishing Time - 10 – 30 min typical (depending on part size)
Product Dimensions - 230 x 270 x 370 mm
Maximum Polishable Part Size - 150mm diameter x 180mm height
Operating Temperature - 15 – 32 °C
Storage Temperature - 0 – 38 °C
Power Requirements - 100 – 240 V, 2A max, 50/60 Hz