Availability: IN STOCK
- 1 x Inventor IIS 3D Printer
- 1 x Spool of filament + Packaged Accessories (Packaged with the printer)
- FREE SHIPPING
The FlashForge brand has been a staple in the 3D Printing industry for the last few years, offering users fantastic printing quality and reliability at an affordable price.
The Inventor II Special is an excellent education-grade and introductory printer; empowering users with FlashForges renowned printing quality in a compact and affordable printer. The Inventor II Special is equipped with FlashForges new innovative extruder design which provides a completely encircled air supply to elevate printing smoothness.
Compared to its predecessor, the Inventor II Special is equipped with a brand new on-line camera, carbon filter and is cloud enabled.
- Print Volume – Compact and versatile print volume of 140 x 150 x 140mm (L,D,H)
- Material Compatibility - Print materials like PLA with excellent print quality quality.
- Innovative Extruder – Heat up to to 240°C. FlashForges new innovative encircled air supply system provides superior cooling for improved print quality.
- Removable Bed – The removable glass bed is installed with FlashForges blue printing sheets for easy print removal.
- Enclosure – Enclosed design, front door and removable lid prevent drafts and improve print reliability.
- Easy Printing – The robust design, onboard LCD touch screen and software integration ensures getting started with the Inventor II Special is very simple.
- FlashPrint – Integrated slicing program to prepare files for 3D Printing. Features automatic support generation along with manual support options, both basic and advanced levels of control and advanced features like variable layer height. The Inventor II Special can also be controlled with other slicing software programs.
- Resolution – Print resolution down to 100 microns (0.1mm)
- Filament Detection Switch - The Inventor II Special will detect if filament runs out during a print and pause the print for you. A useful feature to prevent avoidable print failures
- Filtration - The equipped activated carbon filter helps to remove printing odors ensuring a suitable working environment.
- Camera and Polar Cloud - Remotely control and monitor your printer with the onboard camera and polar cloud integration.
To learn more about the full Inventor IIS feature details, click the "Full Product Details" tab.
Full Product Details
The Inventor II Special is built to withstand the demands of the class-room. The Inventor II Special is enclosed with a front door and removable top lid to prevent curious hands from touching hot components while providing easy supervision of your 3D printing. The removable glass bed is installed with FlashForges popular blue sheet for easy print removal.
Innovative Extruder Design
FlashForges new innovative extruder system incorperates an encircled air supply system to provide excellent quality on overhangs around the entire model. This superior cooling system ensure excellent quality on overhangs and improves printing quality when compared to other printers. This cooling can be turned off for printing high temperature materials like ABS or Nylon.
The FlashForge Inventor II Special has a build volume of 140 x 150 x 140 mm (Length x Depth x Height), a compact build volume for educators and hobbyists.
The FlashForge Inventor II Special features an internal spool holder to protect filaments from dust. The internal spool holder is designed to fit FlashForges filament so to use other brands and types of filament an external spool holder will be required. We recommend the Polymaker PolyBox™ (Sold Separately).
The Inventor II Special is equipped with an on-line camera to help you monitor your print jobs wherever you are!
Activated Carbon Filter
The equipped activated carbon filter helps to remove printing odors ensuring a suitable working environment.
The Inventor II Special is equipped with a 3.5 inch HD IPS touchscreen. The touchscreen can be used for a variety of functions including starting prints, loading / unloading filament and can also preview printing models, an excellent feature for identifying the part you need to print next.
POLAR CLOUD ENABLED
The Inventor II Special is PolarCloud enabled giving you the option to manage your 3D Printing from anywhere with an internet connection. You can connect and manage multiple printers at once, que print jobs, slice models, access unique educational curriculum and check how your print is going with the build in on-line camera.
FlashPrint OR 3rd Party SlicerS
FlashForges own FlashPrint software is very easy to use so you can start printing right away! FlashPrint was designed with a simple and intuitive interface that makes 3D Printing easy for beginners whilst giving expert users access to more advanced control over the printer. Generating support material with FlashPrint is easy. FlashPrint automatically generates supports for you based on the models overhang angles. You can also add your own supports to suit your model or remove unnecessary ones to save material. FlashForges Dendriform (treelike) supports allow you to print much more complex models, snapping off supports easily without damaging your objects.
Beginners can use FlashPrints presets and allow FlashPrint to take care of the rest and experts can access a wide range of paramaters like nozzle and bed temperature, printing speed, first layer thickness, retraction, support settings, variable layer heights, pause printing at height and more! Once sliced, FlashPrint provides layer-by-layer visualization, time and material estimates.
You can start your print job, pause, cancel, start assisted bed leveling, preheat the bed, load and unload filament right from the printer with the Inventor II Specials 3.5 inch touch screen. You can send files to the Inventor II Special via WiFi, USB Stick, Ethernet or USB.
Education - The Inventor II Specials' compact size, cloud integration, filtration, reliability and Flashprint software integration together make the Inventor IIS one of the best choices for the classroom.
Enthusiast / Hobbyist - The Inventor II Special offers hobbyists and enthusiasts a reliable, tried and tested 3D printer. With its compact enclosed design and filtration system, the Inventor II Special is friendly for any household. Through integration with FlashPrint, the Inventor II Special is easy to operate and with FlashForges new innovative cooling system, users can achieve excellent print quality.
FlashPrint is FlashForge's slicing software designed to work efficiently with their range of 3D Printers. FlashPrint aims to provide two levels of control to suit the different needs of both beginners and experts. The ability to add or simplify the number of printing options provides users to option to access more flexibility over their printer and experimentation without requiring 3rd party software. FlashForge release monthly updates which have in the past added some really exciting new and innovative features.
- Choose between ‘Basic’ or ‘Advanced’ levels of control for beginners and experts alike.
- Flexible and smart support options with generated or manual supports types.
- 3D model error detection and correction.
- File Rotation & Scaling.
- Control Infil Type and Percentage, Layer Height, Speed, Cooling and more!
- Monthly updates bring new and advanced features like variable layer heights.
- Customizable Nozzle & Bed Temperature Control.
- Pre-visualisation and estimated printing time and material usage.
- Importable file formats: .gx .stl
Smart or Manual Supports / Linear or Treelike
FlashPrint automatically generates supports based on model’s overhang angles. At same time, you can add more supports to the print or remove supports you find unnecessary to save material.
Users can also choose between traditional linear supports or dendriform (treelike) supports. Dendriform supports snap off easily without damaging your object. Linear Supports are best suited for large or tall prints while tree supports are a great option for detailed prints; snapping off easily with less scaring on the part.
The ability to add or remove supports and choose between linear or treelike supports gives users a new level of freedom.
Powerful Basic or Advanced level of control
FlashPrint is designed to accommodate for the different requirements of both beginners and experts. For beginners, the simple and intuitive interface lets you convert your design to file ready to 3D Print with a few clicks. We find the list of FlashForge presets are excellent, so just select what material, print quality you want and FlashPrint takes care of the rest. Experts, advanced or experimental users seeking more control over the software will be satisfied. In ‘expert mode’ FlashPrint has a wide range of parameters can be changed manually as well, from retraction to infil, support, travel speeds and even first layer thickness and fixed or variable layer heights and where to pause printing.
Aside from printing error, some material types shrink more during printing which can exaggerate printing error and not achieve the desired accuracy requirements.Take a 2.5mm wall-thickness barrel as an example. First test the actual error value and then set corresponding software parameters. The actual print error of the test model can now be significantly reduced down to 20 microns, (0.02mm).
Variable Layer Height
Most users will commonly use layer heights between 0.2 and 0.1mm. Finer layer heights add more steps, improving the smoothness / surface finish on angles and curves however can double the print time.
In many cases a fine layer height will only improve certain angles and areas of a model.With variable layers heights users can change the layer height throughout the model, printing with a combination of thicker and finer layer heights for the best resolution and optimized print times.