The PolySher is a revolutionary desktop machine which removes layer lines from your 3D Prints, leaving a smooth surface.
The Polysher™ by PolyMaker is a first of its kind desktop machine for smoothing 3D Prints. The Polysher is instrinsically safer when compared to other technologies, with no heat generated within the sealed machine.
Polymakers Nebulized Aerosol Polishing technology offers a safe, affordable and first of its kind 3D print post processing solution. The 3D print polishing process involves exposing a 3D printed part of PolySmooth filament to an aerosol (a suspension of micro-sized droplets) of Isopropyl alcohol.
The aerosol is generated by a unit called the nebulizer, which consists of a thin membrane with hundreds of tiny (< 10 microns) holes, attached to a piezoelectric actuator. When actuated, the nebulizer will generate a fine aerosol of micro-sized alcohol droplets, which will then adsorb onto the surface of the 3D printed part and eventually make it smooth. 3D print finishing is done seamlessly and effortlessly in the Polysher.
Polymakers technology is intrinsically safer than PLA smoothing:
- No heating is involved
- The nebulizer technology requires only a very small reservoir
- It is a liquid-phase polishing rather than vapor-phase polishing process (the latter is more dangerous for a number of reasons)
Polymaker have also implemented a number of safety features into the machine:
- Multiple sensors to detect any sign of malfunction of the nebulizer (e.g. running dry)
- Chamber open/close sensor (the machine won’t start if the chamber is open, and will automatically terminate if the chamber is accidentally open during polishing)
- All electronic components (running at very low voltages) are properly sealed, and no spark can be generated inside the chamber.
You can read PolyMakers documents comparing the safety of their Polysher with the hazards of Acetone Vapour Baths here.
Do not use acetone or other liquids / solvents in the Polisher, doing so will damage the unit!
The Polysher can polish parts up to a 15 cm * 18 cm (diameter * height) cylinder with a typical polishing time between 15-45 minutes depending on part size.
Safety of Polysher