UP ABS Filament
ABS known as Acylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, is an oil-based plastic. It is quite a strong material used widely for constructing plastic car parts, and the ever-popular Lego building bricks. ABS plastic has a higher melting point than PLA, and can suffer warping if cooled while printing. ABS 3D printed items must be printed on a heated printer platform surface, which is something many at-home printers do not have. Good ventilation is recommend when printing with ABS filament, as the fumes can be unpleasant. The ABS plastic material we supply prints at a higher temperature than generic ABS and suits all UP 3D Printers. Printing at higher temperature produces better print quality. We have had customers with other printers like Makerbot use the UP ABS getting great results 80% print quality improvement.
Some Characteristics of UP ABS Filament
- Compared to standard PLA, UP ABS Filament is a stronger more flexible material.
- Average tensile strength
- UP ABS 3D prints at a Higher melting temperate approx 260 to 270 Deg Celsius. Printing at this temperature means warpage can occur.
- Available in shiny matte finish
- Support material is slightly easier to remove than PLA and other 3D Printer materials
- Ideal for items that are used in hotter environments like the inside of a car.
- Good quality print fininsh
Polular use of UP ABS Filament
- Finished products that will be used in the market place
Shop ABS Filament 1.75mm